Service Delivery Overview
Designed around Residents...
Around The Clock Support
There isn't a one size fits all solution when it comes to the level of support an individual may need, and needs will fluctuate over time. However, the high level of
support and clinical input we provide is available to everyone. At each of our services a qualified Occupational Therapist, designs and implements a bespoke
support programme for each Resident.
Support is provided by:
- A Registered Mental Health Nurse
- A Registered Occupational Therapist
- Service Manager (An experienced registered health care professional)
- 24/7 Support Team
- Specialist intervention as required e.g. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Out of hours on call clinician
Our accommodation is designed with our residents at the heart, our services are high quality and fitted with all the essentials for independent living, but each service still has a welcoming family feel. Our teams and our residents truly injected our services with their own personality; making it their own.
- Individual tenancies are established to promote independence
- High quality accommodation
- Support is provided in respect of application for housing benefits
Read More >> Summer Breeze Accommodation (for Photo Gallery and list of Facilities & Services).
Health, Diet, Budgeting
Physical health concerns are also monitored, and the management of these conditions is included in support planning. For example, promoting exercise, self care practices and medication compliance. New residents are supported with registering for local health care services such as their GP.
Our team also support our residents with their diet and nutrition, group cooking is available at all our services and our team are always on hand to educate, inform and assist with obtaining a well balanced diet and budgeting.
Bespoke Support Plans
Each individual we are supporting will have a comprehensive support plan with a number of long term objectives. These may include, employment/volunteering, improving independent living and self care, and becoming increasingly socially included. Support plans are formally reviewed on a monthly basis and regular reviews are scheduled with a Resident’s wider support network.
Support plans will include:
- Clinical interventions
- Mental health status, care and treatment (
- Physical health needs
- Domiciliary/self care support
- Budgeting support
- Access to community outreach / education / employment / volunteering services
- Relationship management
- Goals for independent living e.g. engaging in meaningful activities
All residents are assessed using valid and reliable measures of mental state, cognitive abilities and activities of daily living. These measures give clear markers of improvements for residents and produce outcome measures to demonstrate clinical effectiveness.
MOHO (Model Of Human Occupation, Kielhofner , 2002) is the chosen occupational therapy model integrated into clinical practice within Summer Breeze.
A number of standardised assessments based on this model as well as in house developed assessments are used in order to generate data for CPA reports, case formulations, reports to assess level of functioning for funding panel requirements and discharge reports.
Our teams are empowered by a bespoke support planning system, developed specifically for Summer Breeze to support those with mental health problems. Thanks
to our advanced technology, our teams spend less time on administrative tasks and more time with our residents.
- Mobile tablet system allows real time recording and feedback
- Daily records include activities, updates to support plans and any assessments carried out
- Alerts ensure high quality comprehensive data is entered