A 14 bed, enhanced supported living scheme with en-suite facilities for adults 18+
Summer Breeze is an enhanced mental health supported living service, set within a warm, safe and supportive environment set in a purpose built home located in Sherwood, Nottingham.
Summer Breeze Enhanced Supported Living promotes residents to live as independently as possible, so they can feel happy individually and as part of a community. We encourage residents to develop their life skills and get involved with new and daily activities, in order to maintain their sense of well being.
The service offers excellent facilities and a safe and secure environment for clients. We have excellent services and facilities at Summer Breeze that enables us to support and interact positively with all residents.
Expert care for a range of complex conditions so we can support all service user needs.
We provide Individual care programs with key workers assigned to each individual service user maximizing there care package.
We take time to listen to families, friends and care networks to understand their personalities and diagnosis.
We will endeavor to engage all service users in person centered activities.
Our 24 hour staff adopt an adaptable and flexible approach, to best support residents changing needs and independence.
Whether it’s baking a cake, going out into the community, learning a new domestic skill or participating in a community integration program, we provide the day to day support and encouragement to enable our residents to live full and varied lives, according to their individual wishes and requirements.
Our Services & Facilities include:
- 14 rooms with en-suite facilities
- Enhanced supported living for people living with a mental health diagnosis
- Fully trained and experienced specialist 24 hour support staff
- Social and communal spaces available for residents with capacity - communal lounges, kitchens, gardens and activity spaces tailored around residents needs
- Welcoming garden – sensory, relaxation and gardening
- Outhouse - this can act as a quiet space outside, and also provides a place for residents to de-escalate and return to a calmer state if needed
- We run a occupational therapy lead model to encourage re-enablement and recovery to step-down services.
- Each resident will have a unique support plan; our goal is to help our residents reach theirs. Recovery means something different to each of our residents and the concept of what recovery means will evolve as each person progresses with help from our team.
- Our team works to promote informed choice and help our residents to develop their everyday skills. We celebrate the small steps forward, whilst promoting resilience to be able to manage any possible steps back.
- Clinical support from an Occupational Therapist, Registered Mental Health specialist and Mental Health Nurse
- Community integration support, with good access to Nottingham city centre and the local community
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is available
Regulated Service: Personal Care.
From CQC Report about Care Organiser™ (part of the Care Expertise Group):
"Care Organiser provides care and support to people living in ‘supported living’ settings so that they can live as independently as possible. People’s care and housing are provided under separate contractual agreements. The Care Quality Commission (CQC) only inspects where people receive personal care. This is help with tasks related to personal hygiene and eating. Where they do, we also consider any wider social care provided." ~ CQC Report - April 2021
Click a thumbnail to view the full size image gallery: